Cheesy Baked Eggs with Marmite
We’ll take baked eggs any day of the week. But throw in some Marmite and cheese, and… oh my.
Takes a little bit longer. But y’know, good things come to those who wait.
- 120g butter
- 20g plain flour
- 350ml milk
- 100g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of bread
- Pre-heat the oven to 180℃.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium high heat. Once melted, stir in the flour. Gradually add the milk, stirring all the time, and cook for 5 mins, until thickened. Add 80g of the cheese and stir until completely melted into the sauce.
- Drizzle Marmite into the bottom of 4 ramekins, and top with the cheese sauce. Crack an egg on top of each, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cook in the middle shelf of the oven for 20 mins.