Bea’s of Bloomsbury Marmite Cake
Marmite Cake Sponge
- 40 g Butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 120g flour
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 120ml milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50g marmite
- Mix together the butter flour, caster sugar and baking powder until a fine crumb.
- Mix the egg, milk, vanilla and Marmite together. Slowly add this to the butter mixture while mixing.
- Mix until a smooth batter.
- Pour into a prepared 6″ tin and bake in the oven at 160 for 40 minutes.
- 60g unsalted butter – room temperature
- 120g icing sugar
- 80g Dulce de Leche
- 15g Marmite
- Mix together all the ingredients with an electric mixer until light, fluffy and smooth. Add a little milk if necessary.
- 100g dulce de Leche
- 10g Marmite
- Mix the two ingredients together until well combined.
- Cut the cooled cake in half and spread the bottom half with 1/3 of the buttercream, making a well in the centre.
- Pour the caramel Marmite filling onto the well, and spread so as not to over flow. out the sides of the cake.
- Place the other half of the cake on top and spread the remaining buttercream on top.